Saturday, January 22, 2005

Jim Pace Lecture

I recently attended Jim Pace’s lecture at FunTyme Magic in Nashville, Indiana. It raised my hopes about the future of magic.

I get so tired of going to lectures where the magician gives no credit to effect he “invented.” As an aside, there is a one magic empire build from one man’s magic “inventions.” I won’t identify him because I don’t want him to get any more business.

Mr. Pace focused on tried and true magic tricks geared toward the restaurant or walk around magician. Not everything fits with my performing style, but it was one of the more interesting magic lectures that I have seen in a while. Often, the classic effects don’t need to be improved. That’s why they stand the test of time.

Magically yours,

J.L. Siefers
Learn-Great-Magic-Tricks.com